Friday, May 21, 2010

"They'll take it all if the door's left open"



For the past two to 3 years, the only music that I've always been able to fall back on has been that of country influence. This is a really strange thought, as for so long I would automatically cringe at the thought of "country music", when that's not really how I feel at all. If done right country can be perfect.

When I am bored of everything else, or overwhelmed by the concept of sifting through new music (which is pretty much all the time if I'm being honest...) I can always count on Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis, and She and Him in particular. That's why I loved this edition of Elvis Costello Spectacle so much! It aired over a year ago but it still makes me happy to see Zooey, Elvis and Jenny together on stage. It's always nice to see the clothes they wear too, obviously. I would like Zooey's dress, please!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! Except, Zooey hardly gets to sing at all. Hmm but I still want to listen to it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is the best! My favorite from the album I think.Yeah, its too bad she was mostly just doing backup vocals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I love their cool dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yes, most definitely stealing those moves!

    ReplyDelete