Friday, April 23, 2010

Sakura



Today I went across the street to High Park, to take some photos for one of my last projects. I didn't realize that the cherry blossom trees were all in bloom, and that it is actually a big annual event. It was completely packed with people walking around looking at the trees, and taking photos of themselves cheesily standing under them.


It was really pretty!


The sky seemed to be the perfect type of blue today. I thought it was a mistake when I was editing.


There are a lot of babies and dogs in this neighborhood, so there were lots of dogs running around and parents taking millions of baby pictures. As I approached this next couple, I could hear loud screaming coming from the stroller as they took photos, and just assumed it was another baby. However:


This poor dog! Haha they were parading it around the whole park, having a photoshoot. He growled anytime someone looked at him, probably because he was so annoyed, haha!

p.s. The ice cream trucks are out again! It makes me wish I were a person who had more than pennies for change in my wallet. I will have to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!! OH GOD… that poor dog… I laugh so much. I like how you describe its cries as "screaming." It's trying to imitate human speech to attract a rescuer.

    Calla, these pictures are beauteous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I actually think that it was crying for help!

    And thank you, the natural loveliness of the trees made it easy for me to take good photos, haha!

    ReplyDelete