Sunday, April 18, 2010

An Education

Hello! I quite enjoyed that clip, haha, it makes me really want to watch more of Kids in the Hall. Summer is soon, so hopefully then?

The other night I finally got to watch 'An Education'. Have you seen it yet? I loved it so much!

The whole story was great, and I loved the clothes just as much or more. I find the sixties to be so perfect for fashion. Everything Carey Mulligan wore, I want to own.


Her everyday clothes, like the cardigans and flats were perfect, as of course were her shift dresses and sunglasses, so Audrey Hepburn!

I think the one outfit that stood out the most to me though, was her ballet style dress in the racetrack scene. I don't want to get too cheesy or anything, but if I ever get married I want my dress to be like that, haha. I would even settle for a second prom just for an excuse, really!

It seems to be impossible to find a full length photo of that dress.



I am also jealous of your straight hair, as you can pull off the cool sixties girl hairstyles so well with it. This scene had my other favorite outfit, but alas I am unable to find a full photo.


Today was so dark and dreary, I didn't get anything accomplished atall. Not that the weather is any excuse for my laziness...but I hope things are treating you better in Russell!

2 comments:

  1. I saw it during reading week! Yes, I also loved it and was style-inspired. It might be the reason I cut my bangs that week. I could see you in that dress, Calla! You should look for one on etsy. My favourite outfit was the last one you see her wearing, when she goes to university. It's casual… just rolled up jeans and a sweater and flats, and she has her hair back in a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO, YESSS let us watch hours of Kids in the Hall!

    ReplyDelete