Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Do you think you miss the things you love, or love the things you miss?"




I must admit, that I love the show 'Skins'. Despite the hatred of it by many, for being all about drugs and such, I inexplicably love it. I'd have to say the main reason I got hooked on it though, is Cassie Ainsworth. The character, played by Hannah Murray, is just the perfect amount of crazy, and she has the most lovely style. She is one of my favorite style icons of our generation. I love her mix of vintage, sailor tops, Kurt Kobain sunglasses, white dresses, sparkly overknee stockings, and gold shoes. She really just wore whatever she felt like and it was nice. Most of the clothing came from the actress' own closet as well.



Oh my, the gold shoes. Confession: After watching the show about a year ago, my obsession with them began, and it hasn't ended since! It all started with a mad internet hunt for the perfect gold tap shoes (which they spray painted for her on the set), of which I found a pretty good vintage version...and since I have retrieved 2 other pairs off of ebay. I need to be stopped.


When I backordered some issues of Lula a few months ago, I was so happy to find this editorial with Hannah in it. She is hard to find these days, as Skins has since moved on to a second generation of characters (strangest thing ever!), and are now moving onto a third. Anyways, this is one of my favorite editorials, and I never tire of looking at it. I love the mix of prints and styles along with her crazy hair, it just suits her so well. Oh, and I want that hat, haha!









6 comments:

  1. I have never seen this show! It's British, yes? Maybe that will be something to do this summer, watch it online.

    Gold shoes! I have been after these gold shoes from Aldo: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/shoes/brogues/78072258-ulvan/82 and these ones from Spring: http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/women/shoes/fashion-flats/78376198-juluke/82. They are not as nice as those, though—not sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you should post pictures of the ones you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is English. You should watch it and let me know what you think.

    Only, do it before the wretched US MTV remake airs because it might make you never want to, with their bad charater ripoffs and inability to pull off British ways. I have strong feelings about this, haha.

    Oh I will post some photos of them soon, good idea. I really like those, espescially the Aldo pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Don't worry! I will never watch the MTV one as I hate MTV and shun it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever look for Cassie's "Bread's Band" bag? I really want to find it!!

    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190505021325AA33cR7

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to find it too :(

    ReplyDelete