Sunday, October 31, 2010

C'est L'Halloween



It has been a fairly festive weekend...well as far as food goes anyways. Inspired by all of the pumpkin spice mentions on blogs recently I made pumpkin spice cookies (the cake-y kind) with cream cheese frosting. I watched the 1960 version of '13 Ghosts', and it was one of the first scary movies that I have watched in a long time. It also didn't make me super paranoid like most modern supernatural movies tend to, haha.
Then last night, I made this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal and it turned out really good!

This is probably the first year that I never got around to carving a pumpkin. It makes me sad but I must admit I have always been way too impatient for it anyways. I like pulling the guts out and baking the seeds but I get so frustrated about carving it that it always turns out badly.


I am so tired right now but am somehow still wishing that it were acceptable for people our age to go out trick or treating.

1 comment:

  1. AW look at childhood you, in your cat costume! How precious!

    Those cookies look really good. Also, I saw that oatmeal recipe and really wanted to make it but haven't had time. I miss baking! I appreciate reading about it though!

    ALSO, HAHAHA I HAVE SEEN THAT MOVIE! Do you not laugh at the lion and the headless man? Actually, all the ghost scenes make me laugh out loud. That movie is so hilarious and not at all scary.

    ReplyDelete