Saturday, October 2, 2010

"That's a circle that turns 'round upon itself" (Fall Music!)


My music taste is very seasonal. I mean there are a few bands that I listen to year round, but when certain seasons hit I just can't help wanting to hear the same songs that I must have become addicted to another year at the same time. I'm coming off of a big T-Rex kick right now (although its possible that they are full timers in my library...) and heading over to the usual fall songs. I have always loved "Figure Eight", and am particularly partial to the Elliott Smith and Blossom Dearie versions. I remember spending way too many hours of my life 3 years ago trying to track down any kind of copy of Smith's, legal or otherwise...The song is definitely on my all time favorite list, and always reminds me of Fall/colder weather for some reason.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!! The Pogues and the Durutti Column are very late fall/winter for me… M.I.A. is very summery for me… Patrick Wolf is very spring… There are more but I can't think of them. I think I tend to associate them with whatever season I began listening to them in. That might not be true of the Pogues, though, since I have been listening to them since before I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Blossom Dearie version! Do you have it, Calla? I WANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do! How shall I get it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you email it to me?!

    My email is ecallon@uoguelph.ca

    I simply adore it!!

    ReplyDelete