Monday, May 23, 2011

And that's how I choose to remember it

Here are a few photos that I took the other day, of the blossoms on our trees. I just wanted to catch them before they were gone! I am starting to feel a bit more inspired to take pictures, something that the winter and feeling ill for a few weeks had put a damper on, and I am looking forward to finding more things to photograph this summer. I love being able to go outside in the nice weather with a purpose, and find more than just flowers, as much as I love them, haha. Last year I had big plans but they kind of got pushed aside. Perhaps a few day trips to new places are in order?

The only thing I really dislike about this time of year, is the start of mosquito season! We get tonnes of them around our house, due to the ponds, and they attack me like crazy. Despite being inside for most of this weekend, I am already covered in bites that I'm sure will last as long as possible, as usual.

3 comments:

  1. How nice! I always like it when you post photography since you don't do it that often. These are lovely! Very hazy like the humid weather we've been having. Our pear tree is blossoming right now too but it hasn't been very nice looking since it tore itself in half. haha

    EW YES I also despise mosquito season. I HATE when they get in your room at night and haunt you as you try to fall asleep. The buzzing drives me CRAZY. I end up perched on my bed with my hands apart, perfectly still, waiting for the mosquito to come out of hiding so I can clap the life out of it. I had one in my room last night that would not die! I swatted it about five times before being too tired to wait around anymore for it to come back—I don't even know if I killed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I'm happy that you like 'em. I will have to try and post more pictures this summer.

    And I'm happy (although sad for you, of course!) that I am not the only one who is driven insane by the mosquitoes. I need to get better at hunting them, though. I usually just give up and sleep under the covers, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super pretty, Calla! You always take such nice pictures =3

    And that sucks that there are so many mosquitoes by your house! I hate, hate them! Too bad you can't pour some pesticide into the pond for fear of harming other creatures.

    ReplyDelete