Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Photo Album

Last month my family and I went to a sort of gathering/memorial for my dad's birth mother (who we've never met) and her two sisters. It turned out to be pretty nice, meeting family and all, but I think my favorite part was looking at all of the old photos. There seemed to be hundreds of them, and in each all of the girls are always dressed so nicely, even though they were not rich at all. Haha it seems that they liked taking outfit photos a lot too. We brought a few home, and are getting sent some more soon - but here are a few of my favorites for now. There is one in our living room in which my dad's mum looks just like Audrey Hepburn, its crazy -probably due to the hair and 'Funny Face' style clothing. I love how she seemed to have that sort of silent film quirkiness about her in these ones!


This one is my favorite. I love her bridesmaid's dress and the feather headpieces!

3 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK LIKE HER!! Especially compared to the first picture! You also look exactly like your mom only not blonde… haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks!

    My mum has brown hair as well, but she does have blonde highlights and may have recently had them redone so I guess that is a throw off haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree, you look a lot like her!

    I really love the feather head piece too! I would like one for my wedding.

    ReplyDelete