Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One day, you'll be cool


I've been starting to really miss being in the city. Its quite strange, because I do like the country so I've been thinking about it a lot. I think that at times like these when I have nothing to do, choices to make, and feel a bit directionless it is easier to be surrounded by lots of people in a place that is always moving. It can make you feel a bit less stagnant even if you are the only person in the room who has no place to be.

To add to that, as a quiet person and professional daydreamer, I've always loved how the city allows you to just be and blend in amongst the crowds. As ridiculous as it may be, I always feel so much more self conscious and uncomfortable in small towns. That, and the country drives my allergies crazy so I am always forced to take medicine that makes me even more useless than ever so that really doesn't help. (/geek)


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Being in the country, you become really aware of how little you are doing… also, people watching is better in the city. Let's go on one of our excursions soon and minimize the nothingness of country life.

    I really like that first picture! Really, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lets! I might go crazy if we don't. We must make our list of places to go!

    I am so happy that you like the picture!

    ReplyDelete