Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dorothy Lathrop


Just a few images from the artist Dorothy Lathrop. She worked predominantly throughout the 1930's-1940's, and liked drawing animals and fairies most. Actually she was most attracted to stories that involved "fiercer" animals or beasts, but was discouraged from drawing them so as to not scare the children, haha. I love how she did both ink and watercolour drawings so perfectly!

The pictures are from everywhere, apologies! They have just been sitting on my computer forever...

3 comments:

  1. I love her style! These pictures seem very art nouveau so I was surprised when you wrote that she illustrated them in the 1930s and 40s. Did she ever illustrate any animals the way she wanted? I think that would be very interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing! She is very Aubrey Beardsley and the like.

    I have never seen any of her scary animal drawings, but they must be out there somewhere..maybe hidden in her studio? I would also like to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me encantaa!!! increible detalles

    ReplyDelete