Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Style Inspiration: From The Movies

When it comes to covet worthy style, there are a select few film stills that fill up my desktop's 'Inspiration' folder. They may seem like odd choices movie wise, but the characters are so well styled that they have stuck with me and always seem to be in the back of my mind while editing my wardrobe and general style. With the exception of one or two Summer months when I go a bit Country Strong, my top favourites lend themselves well to Fall and Winter dressing, so I thought I'd share.
 
 Continue for exhibits A and B.
Amanda Seyfried as Sylvia from 'In Time':  A wearable and slightly nostalgic approach for a film set in the future. Doing babydoll desses right (including the perfect watercolour velvet piece sewn up by the costume designer), structured sweater dresses, mod inspired shifts and deep tones. Not to mention a bob that will make you want to pick up the scissors.
Zooey Deschanel as Happy in 'Gigantic': My pick of the lot has to be the cape style coat and purple bag pictured above, but I also swoon over her simplistic pieces that still look so well put together: Knee high suede boots, a striped top, high waisted jeans and dark mini dresses (sensing an unintentional theme here...) all make more than one appearance. Also sending a nod to the sleek yet voluminous hair and minimal makeup. Well done.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought you would! Even though it is a wig, its so good that it was worth a mention.

      Delete