Sunday, August 28, 2011

It was all colors and heat


I haven't been into music, well mostly finding new music (I'm lazy) in a long while. But I really like this song by Alexander Ebert, and the rest of the album, "Alexander" seems pretty good so far too!


My favorite movie! I've always felt like Ray was my soul mate. It has a lot to do with his perfectly (and obliviously) inappropritate way of speaking, which I know doesn't say much about me. And the fact that I've been a bit (read: a lot) in love with Colin Farrell since watching him on Ballykissangel as a child (haha). Really though, there is so much to love about this movie! It manages to somehow be both the funniest and most thoughtful story simultaneously. Plus, you can't beat a fight between Mad Eye Moody and Voldemort in a fairy tale town, that really is exactly as its depicted. Two of my favorite scenes are here and here!
Some Lula magazine editorial illustrations for a commission. A work in progress.
 
 It is dark, cold, and rainy today (a result of the Hurricane, maybe?) and starting to feel like Fall! I'm pretty excited for the excuse to watch more movies, bake things with pumpkin in them, and to wear tights every day again. I also like to think that I will be more productive when its less sunny and inviting outside, something that is a bit sad to say goodbye to. I hope Korea, and it's weather, are treating you well!

7 comments:

  1. I loved rainy days for excuses to do cozy indoor activities...the other day I knitted and watched Midnight Cowboy (not what I was expecting...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those days are so nice! Especially in the late summer/early fall when you haven't had them for a while.

    Oooh Midnight Cowboy...I watched that with my dad when it was on TV a few months ago, and it made me really sad! I was expecting something different too, like a comedy! Perhaps because my dad told me it was the "funniest movie," even though he hadn't seen it in years (or, ever?) and just wanted me to watch it with him.

    That last scene though, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I also have a love for that movie. And your drawings turned out really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A COMEDY TOO, haha!! I have no idea why I had that impression in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Katie! They still have to be tweaked and painted, so there's a while to go, but I'll post them here when they are done!

    Haha Beth, I am happy that I wasn't the only one to be fooled by that movie! Damn you, Jon Voight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so talented! I love the drawings. I haven't noticed how cold it's gotten these past few days since I've been working indoors, not being able to even see outside during the day, but today I noticed it. The whole house is freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Elaine, you are so nice! And the weather is just so strange. Today is was hot and summery again!

    ReplyDelete