Monday, July 25, 2011

Illustrated Authors

Issue 6 of Cupcake magazine is out now, and it includes the polaroid illustrations that I posted about a while ago, as well as this article that I painted some little portraits and flowers for. I would have loved to have drawn Bret Easton Ellis and Dodie Smith as well, had I known they were included/had there been room. I loved "I Capture The Castle" as a child and have read "The Rules of Attraction" one two many times!

Anyways, I know you are a Charlotte Bronte fan, so I hope that I did her justice! I went a little crazy on the colour in these, wanting to put a spin on the black and white portraits that I had for reference. Trollope seems to have been the primary victim, gaining some blue in his beard. I haven't read any of his work, and I can't say that I know too much about him, but I feel like it suits him well!

5 comments:

  1. Trollope looks like a psychedelic Freud! haha! I like it though! These are all very nice. You make Charlotte Brontë look very pretty and shrewd.

    How is Jane Eyre coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm glad you like them! I felt kind of bad about changing her look, but its something that just sort of happened when I chose to use those girl-ish colors.

    And I am 3 chapters further than I was before! Which is a mild success for my and my undiagnosed A.D.D! We must discuss the next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Charlotte Bronte! The colours are so nice and girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calla, I am open to such a discussion! Tell me when you've read the part with the gypsy fortune teller… I laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Elaine! And I meant to talk to you about the book yesterday, Katie! Next time will be good though, as I have read more today!

    ReplyDelete