Sunday, April 3, 2011

You and I got caught between magic and business



Today I am organizing for taxes and other boring things while listening to music as a distraction. I listened to Jenny and Johnny a bit when their album first came out at the end of last summer, but I just knew that I would be more into it when Spring and Summer was really happening again. And I was right, because its kind of perfect for this time of year. I don't know that I like it as much as Jenny Lewis' solo work, or Rilo Kiley, but these things have a tendency to grow on me. 'You Showed Me' always reminds me of Spring and Summer. And 'Jolene' is just so fun that its always in my head, so I thought I'd leave that here! 

3 comments:

  1. Love these! I actually am really liking that Jenny and Johnny song, maybe even more than her other stuff. I would have to hear the whole album before I could really judge though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The Turtles are going to be stuck in my head all day…

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I listen to the album, the more I like it! It almost seems like a nice balance between Rilo Kiley and her solo stuff. Good for listening to everyday. Their harmonies are really nice together.

    Haha it always seems like a nice day when the turtles are in your head!

    ReplyDelete